Come out and experience the magic of West Coast Swing dancing in Edmonton!
West Coast Swing is a fun, casual partner dance done to pop, club or blues music. It can be done fast or slow, and there are great opportunities for improvisation and working with the music.
This dance is for people who:
- Are absolute beginners with no dance experience
- Want to dance to current, modern music
- Want to meet and dance with lots of people
- Want to learn a dance with some structure, but still have room to improvise and work with the music
- Want to dance swing, but not as fast or intensely as east coast swing or jive
First Timer, Beginner Tips:
- Shoes: Bring a pair of clean shoes for the dance floor. Wear something comfortable to move in. Avoid too high a heel, or heavy rubber soles.
- Dress: Casual, comfortable. You’ll be moving a lot!
- Lesson: Will be for beginners just like you. Most people will rotate and switch partners throughout the lesson. Great way to meet everyone!
- Partner: Not required, but bring ’em if you’ve got ’em.
- Got kids? Bring them, they get in free!