Good question. Its a question of safety re COVID (and rapid increase in new cases is not helping). Even though there are no provincial restrictions right now, we need to decide for ourselves what is acceptable risk for social dancing, and what systems we would need to keep people (and
West Coast Swing Addicts!
Fun people, great music! Beginners always welcome!
Pop, club, blues, R&B music.
Come out and experience the magic of
West Coast Swing dancing in Edmonton!
West Coast Swing is a fun, casual partner dance done to pop, club or blues music. It can be done fast or slow, and there are great opportunities for improvisation and working with the music.
This dance is for people who:
- Are absolute beginners with no dance experience
- Want to dance to current, modern music
- Want to meet and dance with lots of people
- Want to learn a dance with some structure, but still have room to improvise and work with the music
- Want to dance swing, but not as fast or intensely as east coast swing or jive
First Timer, Beginner Tips:
- Shoes: Wear something comfortable to move in. Avoid too high a heel, or heavy rubber soles.
- Dress: Casual, comfortable. You’ll be moving a lot!
- Lesson: Will be for beginners just like you. Most people will rotate and switch partners
throughout the lesson. Great way to meet everyone!
- Partner: Not required, but bring ’em if you’ve got ’em.
Have a question? Contact us!
WCSA Dance Event Details:
Admission: $10 / person. Bottled water available for $1.
Join our group on Facebook to hear about more dance opportunities and events!
Dances take place at Bonnie Doon Community Hall 9240 93 Street, Edmonton.
Want to stay up to date? Join our Facebook group.
Or join our MeetUp Group.
Need some west coast swing music right now? http://www.radiowcs.com
More articles and tips from Myles and Tessa:
Oct 22, 2021 WCSA
Sign up as a member and we'll email you the link! Or watch for the link on Facebook!
Become a member of WCSA!
Have you attended our dances and want to help shape the future? Become a member! Its free!