West Coast Swing Addicts Edmonton
Come out and experience the magic of
West Coast Swing dancing!
West Coast Swing is a fun, casual partner dance done to pop, club or blues music. It can be done fast or slow, and there are great opportunities for improvisation and working with the music.
First Timer, Beginner Tips:
- Shoes: Wear something comfortable to move in. Avoid too high a heel, or heavy rubber soles.
- Dress: Casual, comfortable. You’ll be moving a lot!
- Lesson: Will be for beginners just like you. Most people will rotate and switch partners
throughout the lesson. Great way to meet everyone!
- Partner: Not required, but bring ’em if you’ve got ’em.
Upcoming 2018 Dance Dates
- Friday, January 12 – Instructors: Sandra Adams and Blake Christopherson
- Friday, February 9
- Friday, March 2
- Friday, March 16
- Friday, May 4
- Friday, July 27
- Friday, August 24
- Friday, November 9
- Friday, November 23
Other Regional West Coast Swing Events and Workshops:
Calgary Dance Stampede
April 12-15, 2018 – Calgary AB
May 31 – June 3, 2018 – Calgary, AB
2019 – Vancouver, BC – swingcouver.com
What is West Coast Swing? A Short Video…
730 pm – Doors Open
8:00 pm – Lesson Starts
8:45 pm – Dance starts, and goes until about midnight.
Beginners are always welcome! Come at 8 to take part in the lesson.
Admission: $10 / person. Bottled water available for $1.
Join our group on Facebook to hear about more dance opportunities and events!
Dances take place at Bonnie Doon Community Hall 9240 93 Street, Edmonton.
Want to stay up to date? Join our Facebook group.
Need some west coast swing music right now? http://www.radiowcs.com