West Coast Swing Addicts Edmonton
Come out and experience the magic of
West Coast Swing dancing!
West Coast Swing is a fun, casual partner dance done to pop, club or blues music. It can be done fast or slow, and there are great opportunities for improvisation and working with the music.
First Timer, Beginner Tips:
- Shoes: Wear something comfortable to move in. Avoid too high a heel, or heavy rubber soles.
- Dress: Casual, comfortable. You’ll be moving a lot!
- Lesson: Will be for beginners just like you. Most people will rotate and switch partners
throughout the lesson. Great way to meet everyone!
- Partner: Not required, but bring ’em if you’ve got ’em.
Upcoming 2018 Dance Dates
- Friday, May 4 – Instructor: Dan Bloxham
- Friday, June 22 – Instructor: Melissa Larsen
- Friday, July 27 – Sandra Adams and Blake Christopherson
- Friday, August 24 –
- Friday September 28 –
- Friday October 12 –
- Friday October 26 –
- Friday, November 9 –
- Friday, November 23 –
- Friday, December 7 –
- Friday, December 21 –
Other Regional West Coast Swing Events and Workshops:
Intervention VI – The Right Stuff with Kyle & Sarah
September 14 – 16 2018, Saskatoon https://www.facebook.com/events/126621874669952/
Calgary Dance Stampede
April 2019 – Calgary AB. calgarydancestampede.com
January 2019 – Vancouver, BC – swingcouver.com
What is West Coast Swing? A Short Video…
WCSA Dance Event Details:
730 pm – Doors Open
8:00 pm – Lesson Starts
8:45 pm – Dance starts, and goes until about midnight.
Beginners are always welcome! Come at 8 to take part in the lesson.
Admission: $10 / person. Bottled water available for $1.
Join our group on Facebook to hear about more dance opportunities and events!
Dances take place at Bonnie Doon Community Hall 9240 93 Street, Edmonton.
Want to stay up to date? Join our Facebook group.
Need some west coast swing music right now? http://www.radiowcs.com
More articles and tips form Myles and Tessa: https://www.canadianswingchampions.com/