West Coast Swing Addicts Edmonton
Come out and experience the magic of
West Coast Swing dancing!
West Coast Swing is a fun, casual partner dance done to pop, club or blues music. It can be done fast or slow, and there are great opportunities for improvisation and working with the music.
First Timer, Beginner Tips:
- Shoes: Wear something comfortable to move in. Avoid too high a heel, or heavy rubber soles.
- Dress: Casual, comfortable. You’ll be moving a lot!
- Lesson: Will be for beginners just like you. Most people will rotate and switch partners
throughout the lesson. Great way to meet everyone!
- Partner: Not required, but bring ’em if you’ve got ’em.
Upcoming 2017 Dance Dates
- Friday, January 13 – Instructor: Dan Bloxham
- Friday, January 27 *** This dance taking place at King Edward Park Hall – 7708 85 St *** – Instructors: Rob and Sherry Tovell
- Friday, February 10 – Bonnie Doon Hall as usual. Also! Special Guest Instructors from Calgary – Keith and Chrissi Armbruster!
- Friday, February 24 – Instructor: Tracy Boldt
- Friday, March 10 – Instructor: Monica Holub
- Friday, March 24 – Instructor: Dan Bloxham
- Friday, April 21 – Instructor: Melissa Larsen
- Friday, May 19 – Instructor: Sandra Adams and Blake Christopherson
- Friday, June 16 – Instructor: Dan Bloxham
- Friday, August 25 – Instructors: Sandra Adams and Blake Christopherson
- Friday, October 13 – Instructor: Monika Holub
- Friday, October 27 – Instructor: Tracy Boldt
- Friday November 10 – Instructor: Melissa Larsen
- Friday November 24 -Instructor: Dan Bloxham
- Dates for 2018 coming soon!
Other upcoming Edmonton West Coast Swing events:
UAWCS Social Dance
Friday, November 17, 730 pm – 10 pm, University of Alberta Campus – FREE! – More Info
Alpha Vo & Jen Malcolm – Workshop
December 2 & 3, 2017 – Edmonton More info
Other Regional West Coast Swing events and workshops:
December 2 & 3, 2017, Vancouver, BC More Info
January 19 – 21, 2018 – Vancouver, BC – swingcouver.com
Calgary Dance Stampede
April 12-15, 2018 – Calgary AB
May 31 – June 3, 2018 – Calgary, AB
What is West Coast Swing? A Short Video…
730 pm – Doors Open
8:00 pm – Lesson Starts
8:45 pm – Dance starts, and goes until about midnight.
Beginners are always welcome! Come at 8 to take part in the lesson.
Admission: $10 / person. Bottled water available for $1.
Join our group on Facebook to hear about more dance opportunities and events!
Dances take place at Bonnie Doon Community Hall 9240 93 Street, Edmonton.
Want to stay up to date? Join our Facebook group.
Need some west coast swing music right now? http://www.radiowcs.com